Tuesday, October 6, 2020

Prayer for Empty Nesters

Once upon a time my babes were small, little ones who needed parents to love and protect them.
Earlier this year our firstborn left home to spread his wings and gain his independence.  We all knew it was time.  I couldn't be more proud of him for taking on the challenges of adulthood with such courage and determination.

Our daughter is soon to fly and leave our nest, eager to see the world beyond our home and to make her way in this world.  My heart is breaking... I'm not prepared...yet I am confident that she is ready.

How to make the most of the time we have left is an overwhelming thought.  With so many details to attend to over the next few weeks, I know time will slip away and the day will come that I have to let her go. 

Soon our nest will be empty...so empty...yet I know I will not be alone.  Nor will they, for our heavenly Father has promised to be with them wherever they go.

Lord, keep our children in your care
Protect and guard them everywhere
Be their Provider, their Peace, their Friend
From now until the very end
God, thank You for the precious gift
Of parenting these kids of ours
They're in your hands now, lead them well
And be our Comfort in the quiet, lonely hours





Copyright © 2020 by Dee Dee Wike. All rights reserved. www.deedeewike.com

What Next?

“Even when I am old and  gray , do not forsake me, my God, till I declare your power to the next, your mighty acts to all who are to come.” ...