Sunday, May 31, 2020

Moving Day

Six years ago my family and I began a two-day journey to the place we now call home.  We left behind a church family, many friends, close relatives, and the city where I had lived a lifetime.  Apprehensions were few because we knew this was what God had ordained.  As we celebrate our new life here and the many blessings we been gifted since our move we cannot help but give thanks to the One who orchestrated it all.

Three months after we changed our address I stepped into a job that became a ministry and a great source of joy.  I found a new family and friends who have loved and supported our family in so many ways, and I am blessed beyond measure.  We all are.  But just as God saw fit to move our family away from everything that was familiar, He has been stirring something inside me and calling me to leave home once more in search of His next assignment.

Today I officially step down from a dream job to move on to whatever God has in store next.  The move has been prayed over for many months and the pandemic has brought clarity in the decision-making process as I have had much time to press in to God and really seek His heart.  I realize that there are many people who will not understand my decision to leave a job which was such a perfect fit, and I pray they will know that they are the reason the decision did not come easily.  I will always love the congregants I served and look forward to maintaining and nurturing the friendships that have been made these past six years.

Time does not stand still for any of us.  There is work to be done for the children of God, wherever we find ourselves.  The coronavirus pandemic and the protests raging across our nation this very day ensure our job security as prayer warriors on the front lines.

I don't know what the future holds in terms of my work, but I entrust my future and the care of my church family to the Lord who holds us all in His hands.

To my Bethany church family, know that I am stepping away in obedience to God's call -- not for lack of love for our church family or because of any of the challenges we have faced.  You are my family and I love you.  But God has said it's time for me to "leave home" and move on to the next assignment.  I covet your prayers for His provision and guidance in the days to come, and I will be praying daily for you.




What Next?

“Even when I am old and  gray , do not forsake me, my God, till I declare your power to the next, your mighty acts to all who are to come.” ...