Tuesday, August 31, 2021

Why I Almost Pulled the Plug on Facebook

Like many, I have a love/hate relationship with Facebook.  I saw a mean-spirited post this morning that offended me enough to make me want to pull the plug on Facebook, but I had a change of heart and simply blocked the post.  Why not just go with my first instinct and take a break from social media?  Because that is precisely what the devil would have me do.  (Yes, Satan does exist.  Last time I checked, I don't take my orders from him!)

Facebook is a tool many of use to keep up with family and friends, especially those in areas hard hit by natural disasters or who are in need of prayer because of illness, financial hardship, or personal loss.  If Satan can keep us from praying for and encouraging one another, he wins the battle -- and make no mistake, there is spiritual warfare on social media.  Facebook is also a place where many people go to find inspiration, encouragement, and fellowship with other Christ-followers.  It is often a platform where ministry and blessings happen.  What the enemy intends for evil, God uses for good.

In Ephesians 4:29 (TPT), the apostle Paul writes, "And never let ugly or hateful words come from your mouth, but instead let your words become beautiful gifts that encourage others; do this by speaking words of grace to help them."  As a writer and a human being that is what I hope my posts accomplish -- the building up of those who need encouragement and hope.  I won't say I excel in this, but I do try my best not to offend others by hateful, mean-spirited posts or comments.  Let me apologize for anything I may have posted that offended you in any way.

Life is too short to be mean-spirited.  If ever we needed huge doses of love, encouragement, and hope it is now.  I am thankful that most of my friends and family are kindhearted souls who look out for others.  I need and appreciate your kindness.  We all do.

Grace and peace,
Dee Dee


Copyright © 2021 by Dee Dee Wike. All rights reserved. www.deedeewike.com

What Next?

“Even when I am old and  gray , do not forsake me, my God, till I declare your power to the next, your mighty acts to all who are to come.” ...