Friday, February 24, 2017

Not My Own

Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own; you were bought at a price. Therefore glorify God with your body.  (1 Corinthians 6:19-20, Bereans Study Bible)

It has been a beautiful spring day in my neighborhood, a perfect Friday to cap off a busy work week. Many thoughts are running through my mind as I write this -- the physical I had yesterday, a closed door, financial needs that I'm confident God is going to supply, the lack of time I have to write and maintain two blogs, the joy of seeing trees and flowers in bloom at the end of a dreary, dark winter. 

How thankful I am to be alive! How grateful I am to have a reason -- several, actually -- to get out of bed each day.  To work at a job I love, watch my children grow into responsible adults, and to have the love of one man for over thirty years are blessings I do not take for granted. I have had many jobs I did not love, have survived the challenging years of raising teens, and have had my heart broken by "could have beens." God has been faithful in the good times and the bad.

I learned a long time ago that life, as hard as it may be at times, is much better lived on God's terms than on mine. A life surrendered to His will is a far greater adventure than I could ever have imagined. 

I am not my own. My possessions, my health, my job, my children, and my spouse are not my own. God reserves the right to rearrange the life I love any way He chooses, at any time. Surrendered to Him, I am fearless. Trusting in Him, I am triumphant. Living each day to the fullest and for His glory are my highest aspirations.  

To be fully His rather than to be my own is a joy, not a burden, and I wouldn't have it any other way!


Copyright © 2016 by Dee Dee Wike. All rights reserved. www.deedeewike.com

No comments:

Post a Comment