Thursday, January 26, 2017

This Is a Test...This Is Only a Test

Here I sit, in exactly the same predicament I faced this time last year, wondering how God is going to pull off the miracle I need. It's true, you know. History does have a uncanny way of repeating itself. Question is, as I go through this test will I have the patience to endure it and better yet, keep in mind that God has come through so many times before?  Or will I do what I am so prone to do -- take charge and try to come up with the solution all by myself? That seldom turns out well for me.

Life is full of tests. Tests that make us squirm and steal our joy. What if in the heat of the furnace we could remember, "This is a test.  This is only a test"?

I don't know how God is going to work this out. I only have to know that He is. I don't have to do anything but pray, wait, and trust him -- to guide me, to open and close doors, and to supply my every need according to his glorious riches (Philippians 4:19). He is able to do immeasurably more than I can ask or imagine (Ephesians 3:20).  "He knows the way that I take, and when he has tested me I shall come forth as gold" (Job 23:10).

What impossible problem are you facing today? Do you have the faith to take God at his word and to believe in what he has promised to do for you?

Even for the most seasoned believer it can be hard -- so very hard -- to surrender ourselves to God's unseen plan and trust him with the outcome. But with God, the one who works all things together for the good of those who love him and are called according to his purpose (Romans 8:28), nothing is impossible.




Copyright © 2016 by Dee Dee Wike. All rights reserved. www.deedeewike.com

No comments:

Post a Comment