Thursday, September 1, 2016

Hello, Old Friend

It's been awhile since I've blogged on this site. So much has happened the past few months that I have hardly had time to process it all and to derive any profound spiritual truth that you don't already know. The seasons of life that have been the hardest for me have yielded the devotionals I have posted on this blog the past several years. Right now I am happy to report that I am in a season of life that is peaceful for the most part. I have my challenges, certainly, but things are pretty much on an even keel.

Do I still need God?  Yes, absolutely every day. I can't imagine waking up and starting each day without knowing that he will be with me every step of the way.  In this present season of joy I am storing up treasures in heaven against that day when adversity will strike again and I will desperately cry out to him for mercy. I still spend time in his Word daily and talk with him as I walk each morning. It is the best part of my day!

Some have asked when I plan to publish my next devotional book but I'm not sure there will be another one. Every time I write a devotional it seems a repeat of something I have said before. Sure, God can still use the devotional thoughts I share, even when I repeat myself, but my next book -- if there even is a next book -- will be something different altogether. If you are seeking a devotional on a special topic, click the search window on this blog and you may find something of benefit.

God is moving me in a different direction these days. My heart, now more than ever, is inclined to serve him, but as an advocate for animals and more compassionate and environmentally-conscious living. A lot of Christians wonder how veganism can be compatible with my Christian faith, especially since the Bible is full of passages concerning the provision of animals for food and clothing. I'll not address that here, but I invite you to visit my vegan blog for more on my vegan journey and the work Joy and I are doing to improve the quality of life for animals and to promote a plant-strong lifestyle that will benefit our health and help our environment.

I will continue posting here as God leads and inspires, so I hope you will check back from time to time to set what is new.  Until then, know that each and every day God loves you and I am praying for you.




Copyright © 2016 by Dee Dee Wike. All rights reserved. www.deedeewike.com

No comments:

Post a Comment