Wednesday, August 3, 2016

Coincidence or Providence?

"The God of peace, who brought up from the dead the great Shepherd. . . even Jesus our Lord, equip you in every good thing to do His will, working in us that which is pleasing in His sight.” (Hebrews 13:20-21, NASB)
Have you ever had a passion to do something but you weren't quite sure how to go about it? Perhaps you sought advice from a friend or did research on the internet to find information and opportunities to get involved. Or maybe you prayed for God to show you an open door and guide your steps as you embarked on a new journey.

Recently I found myself in the freezer section of Kroger talking to a stranger about my life as a new vegan, all because I decided to wear a particular t-shirt that day. The t-shirt started a conversation, which led to the opportunity to meet a group of fellow vegans and animal advocates and participate in a peaceful protest which I would not have known about otherwise. A happy coincidence?  Not at all, but rather God's answer to my prayers for his guidance and an open door.

In response to that peaceful protest and its impact on me I wrote a letter to a pig named Ziggy. As silly as that seemed at the time, my decision to tell of my experience in that way was no mere coincidence. The letter generated a lot of interest and gave us -- Ziggy and me -- the opportunity to share some very important information that can do a world of good for animals and humans alike. The letter was God-inspired and opened the way for more opportunities to do what God has laid on my heart -- working to promote plant-based nutrition and end animal abuse and slaughter.

These "coincidences" are answers to my prayers, and opportunities that I believe have been divinely appointed.  As I continue to study God's Word and talk with him each day, giving him permission to have his way in my life, I never cease to be amazed at the wonderful ways he orchestrates events and opportunities to do what he has called and equipped me to do.  To God be the glory!








Copyright © 2016 by Dee Dee Wike. All rights reserved. www.deedeewike.com

No comments:

Post a Comment