Friday, January 29, 2016

How Long Will It Be...?

With each passing day I am reminded of the blessings that are mine because I am a child of God.  But all those blessings don't make me impervious to pain, sorrow, stress, or suffering.  In fact, we are all told that life will be full of tribulation, even for believers.  So why should we be surprised when our season of suffering comes?

We could all retire early if we had a dollar for every time we have asked "how long will it be?..." We wouldn't need to win the lottery, would we?

How long will it be before...

...I no longer feel the pain of rejection?
...I get over my divorce?
...I feel good again?
...My car stops breaking down?
...My teenager stops rebelling?
...I am recognized for the good job I do?
...I see the fulfillment of my lifelong dream?
...I no longer feel the sting and financial fallout of a job loss?
...I find that person meant just for me?
...I stop crying over the loved one who died?
...I see my loved ones again in heaven?

What is your question for God?  What is the burden you have carried for too long?  The trouble that you face today won't last forever.  That's a promise you can depend on because it is a promise from God himself.
"Sing to the LORD, you saints of his; praise his holy name.  For his anger lasts only a moment, but his favor lasts a lifetime; weeping may remain for a night, but rejoicing comes in the morning" (Psalm 30:4-5)




Copyright © 2016 by Dee Dee Wike. All rights reserved. www.deedeewike.com

No comments:

Post a Comment