Sunday, January 24, 2016

For Hurting Friends

A restlessness has filled my soul
In ways I can't explain,
Perhaps because I cannot help
Dear friends who suffer pain.
The only thing I know to do
Is lift them up in prayer.
Dear Lord, please flood them with Your peace
And let them know You're there.
I cannot wipe the tears they cry,
Although I wish I could,
But I can pray from far away
That they will see the good
That You have promised to those You love,
Ones called by your great plan,
And they will know Your comfort sweet
As on the Rock they stand.
Your mighty wings, their refuge
From storms and raging seas --
Let them not be overwhelmed.
Lord, flood them with Your peace!
Thank You that You hear our cries
And wipe away our tears.
Please keep my dear friends in Your care
And banish all their fears.
Oh, heal the hurt and brokenness,
Their heavy burdens bear --
And somehow help them understand
How very much You care!
Dispel the gloomy clouds of night
And cast out all despair --
Restore to them the hope and joy
Of knowing You are there.
Although I cannot be with them
To comfort or embrace,
Please keep them til the day we all
Behold You face to face.


Copyright © 2016 by Dee Dee Wike. All rights reserved. www.deedeewike.com

No comments:

Post a Comment