Sunday, September 27, 2015

You Are Not a Runner Up!

A few weeks ago my family and I watched the last few minutes of the Miss America pageant, tuning in just in time to catch the selection of the finalists, their interviews, and the crowning of the new Miss America.  Those final moments brought back memories of two pageants I had participated in many years before. Not only was I not a runner up in either pageant, I didn't even place.  I was never "pageant material," and I knew it.  Still it was fun to be in those competitions, make new friends, and learn some valuable life lessons.

The morning after the Miss America pageant I realized that I am not a runner up in the eyes of God.  Neither are you!  Uniquely created by our loving heavenly Father, you are the apple of his eye and you are engraved on the palm of his hands (Isaiah 49:16).  He knows the number of hairs on your head (Matthew 10:30) and holds your tears in his bottle (Psalm 56:8).  He is intimately acquainted with all your ways and numbered every one of your days before they came to be (Psalm 139:16).  You are a co-heir with the Prince of Peace, Christ himself (Romans 8:17).  You are royal not by birth, but by his atoning blood, shed on the cross for you.

Never feel you don't measure up or that you can't compete.  Be confident in the God who not only created you but also sacrificed his only son so that you might one day reign with him.


Copyright © 2015 by Dee Dee Wike. All rights reserved. www.deedeewike.com

No comments:

Post a Comment