Saturday, September 26, 2015

The Thing About September

They say that the older you get the faster time flies.  The thing about September is that it is never long enough.  As the days get shorter the world somehow seems to turn a little faster, and I am never ready for the change.

This September has passed especially quickly.  In fact, I apparently missed an entire week because I failed to change the date when preparing our worship bulletin for the first Sunday of the month.  I repeated the last Sunday in August and confused a handful of folks who noticed!  You would think that since I manage the church calendar and juggle my own I would manage to keep dates straight.  Not so!

My daughter didn't begin her school year until after Labor Day and has just concluded her third week. She has completed 1/12th of her school year already, even though it seems she just started yesterday.

Tomorrow is the last Sunday of the month.  October is lurking just around the corner like a black cat waiting to pounce on an unsuspecting victim.  (Nothing against black cats -- I just associate them with Halloween.)  I haven't seen Christmas candy on store shelves yet, but you can bet there are boxes and boxes in the stock room at Wal-Mart.

Have you finished your Christmas shopping yet?  Better hurry...it will be here before you know it!  If you are buying for me, I've been a very good girl!



Copyright © 2015 by Dee Dee Wike. All rights reserved. www.deedeewike.com

No comments:

Post a Comment