Friday, September 11, 2015

The Best Choice

"Martha, Martha," the Lord answered, "you are worried and upset about many things, but only one thing is needed.  Mary has chosen what is better, and it will not be taken away from her (Luke 10:41-42, NIV).
Most of us would agree that life is a journey and that the choices we make along the way have a far greater impact than we could ever imagine.  When I consider some of the choices I have made along the way it is a wonder that I'm even here.

Thirty years ago I was a single, upwardly-mobile career woman looking for love in all the wrong places and making choices that nearly cost me my life.  Despite having been raised in church and receiving Christ as a teenager I was clueless about faith and what it meant to be a Christian.  I thought it was enough to be saved and assured of an eternal home in heaven, and that it was up to me, not God, to handle all the details of my life on this earth.  Boy, was I wrong!

One evening I came to the realization that all the efforts I had made to be happy, successful, and good had left me unsatisfied and empty.  I found myself faced with a choice -- to either continue living in self-destruct mode or surrender my life to the Lord who had saved me many years before.  Like Mary, I chose Jesus that day, and it was a choice I have never regretted.

I know that I may face the loss of many things in this life -- loved ones, health, or even my freedom -- but I will never lose Jesus or the joy of having a personal relationship with Him.
Jesus, thank You for saving me from myself and proving to me over and over that You are more than enough for me.  Choosing to walk with You in full surrender is the best decision I ever made!
Thought for the Day:  Surrendering to Jesus is the best choice we can ever make, a choice with no regrets!

Copyright © 2015 by Dee Dee Wike. All rights reserved. www.deedeewike.com

No comments:

Post a Comment