Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Sometimes You Just Have to Call In Sick

It isn't often that I call in sick but this morning I decided it was the thing to do. Now armed with the meds I need, with hot tea beside me on the table next to my La-Z-Boy, I can relax, gaze out the window, and relish the peace and quiet of being home alone for a few hours. Between the sneezes, that is.

I'm not a fan of illness and with computers making it possible to work from home I am not sure I ever truly take a day off, but I must admit it is nice to just sit here and rest. There are things I could be doing right now, like my mother-in-law's tax return or the housework I have neglected for so long, but I choose instead just to rest quietly and listen for the still, small voice of God.

Perhaps the Lord has called you to come aside for a season, either as the result of illness or some life change. Rather than fight whatever He has allowed into your life, embrace it as an opportunity to seek His heart and connect with God on a more intimate level than ever before. Whether the season is short because of a brief illness or long because of something perhaps more serious, invite the Lord into your solitude and your circumstances. With Him by your side, you need never suffer alone.




Copyright © 2015 by Dee Dee Wike. All rights reserved. www.deedeewike.com

No comments:

Post a Comment