Sunday, March 1, 2015

I Dare You

A couple of weeks ago I decided to give up this blogging thing, but sometimes a girl just has to write. It doesn't seem to matter to many what I write or even that I do write -- clearly the number of hits to my blog attests to that painful reality -- but I am compelled to spill my thoughts here every now and then.

I have watched a lot of movies (mostly Hallmark ones, I'll have to admit) where bloggers wrote about such trivial matters as recipes they had tried or strategies for landing the perfect guy.  All shallow stuff, really.  I have dared to write about things that would make a difference -- perhaps for all eternity -- only to be criticized or ridiculed for my absolute belief that God's Word is true and relevant for everything that happens in our lives.

Maybe you don't believe in Christianity, religious rhetoric, or the power of prayer.  Here's the beauty in that -- God gives you the free will to choose.  He hopes, of course, that you will choose to believe because it is by faith that we are saved.  He desires to spend eternity with you.  Salvation through his son Jesus is the only way that can happen.

I have lived five and a half decades on this planet.  Many of those years I lived life on my own terms, falling into bad habits and bad relationships as a result, even though I had been brought up to "know better."  And like so many young people who are raised in the church I did what I had to do -- test the waters for myself to see if God was real or if obedience to his Word really mattered.  You know what I learned?  He is real and obedience to his Word is the secret to finding peace in a really screwed-up world.  Without his guidebook -- that divine GPS called the Bible -- I'd be utterly and hopelessly lost. I know that for a fact because for about seven years I wandered far from God and the truths of his Word and found myself in a living hell.  I never want to go back there again!

I don't know who you are or what you are going through.  I don't know the many ways you have tried to find fulfillment, direction, or peace.  But I can tell you that I have tried a lot of things in life and only one thing has brought me the love and contentment and peace I have searched for -- a personal relationship with Jesus, the Son of God who sacrificed himself on a cross to forgive me and you of our sins.  Jesus, who loves you so much that he knows every freckle on your face, the number of hairs on your head, and every burden you bear.  You can have a personal relationship with him too.  He is standing at the door, knocking and waiting for you to let him in. I dare you to put your faith in him.




Copyright © 2015 by Dee Dee Wike. All rights reserved. www.deedeewike.com

No comments:

Post a Comment