Thursday, January 1, 2015

Letting Go and Taking Hold

It is shortly after midnight and like many I was more than eager to flip the calendar page to a new year. It has been a difficult year for so many.  Loved ones have died, jobs have been lost, and families have been uprooted and moved -- and that's just in my family! Planes have gone missing, disease and illness have touched so many of us, and the world has continued spinning out of control.  Yet somewhere it the midst of it all God has proven faithful to his followers even when at times he has seemed so very far away.

Many of us spend the week between Christmas and New Year's Day reflecting on the year that is coming to a close and praying about the year to come. What are your memories of last year and your dreams for the new year? Have you made resolutions that you can't keep or are you simply hoping God will keep you in the year ahead?

Last year I had to let go of everything familiar and take hold of God's plans to move our family to a new state and new jobs.  It was a God-ordained adventure that I chose to embrace despite the many challenges we faced.  The year ended on a very positive note, and for that I am very thankful.

This new year will be another year of letting go and taking hold.  I will be letting go of the hindrances in my life -- one-sided relationships, unnecessary financial obligations, and misuse of my time -- and taking hold of the greater things God has in store -- a better relationship with my spouse and kids, the fulfillment of giving my best on the job, and the financial peace that will come as I deny myself and become a better steward of his resources.

What are the things you need to let go of in order to take hold of God's blessings and plans for you?

Happy New Year!

Copyright © 2015 by Dee Dee Wike. All rights reserved. www.deedeewike.com

***************************

Thank you for visiting my blog! You are encouraged to post a comment and share this blog with a friend. By sharing, you are helping to encourage others with the truth of God's Word!

No comments:

Post a Comment