Sunday, January 4, 2015

In Christ Alone

My mind is restless and jumbled with a dozen swirling thoughts this morning -- among them thoughts of a new direction, what it means to truly worship, feeling like a vagabond in my search for God's will, and wanting so badly to be God's instrument for drawing others closer to him.  How I long for him to channel my thoughts into constructive and fruitful action, prayerfully intertwined with his purpose and plan for my life and ministry.

I don't want this new year to be just another year of surviving life's storms with my faith intact.  I want this to be a year of growing wildly closer to the Lord, thriving in ministry, and making a difference in the lives of others. When he chooses to call me home I want to leave this planet knowing that I made a mark on my world -- not my mark, but his.  I want to be missed, not because of who I was but because of who he is in me.

Without Christ I am nothing. Outside of his will I have no purpose. Aside from his indwelling Spirit I am unable to love, to serve, or to walk in joyful obedience to his will. With him all things are possible. In him is fullness of joy and a peace which surpasses all understanding. In Christ alone.

Click HERE to hear "In God Alone" by Kristian Stanfill



Copyright © 2015 by Dee Dee Wike. All rights reserved. www.deedeewike.com

***************************

Thank you for visiting my blog! You are encouraged to post a comment and share this blog with a friend. By sharing, you are helping to encourage others with the truth of God's Word!

No comments:

Post a Comment