Thursday, November 27, 2014

Stuffed!

Thanksgiving Day is one of the days I most look forward to each year.  The smell of turkey roasting in the oven and a slice of pecan or pumpkin pie with a steaming hot cup of coffee delight me no end.  And while I won't be gathered around the dinner table with extended family today I look forward to eating my fill of traditional favorites at a nearby restaurant and enjoying a movie with my husband and kids.

Too many times I have left the Thanksgiving table stuffed from too much food.  But this year it is the overflow of blessings and peace of God that have left me full in the best way possible.  When I think of where we were a year ago and the incredible journey that God has taken us on this year, I am even more thankful.  Despite our loss of loved ones and the stresses of moving and adjusting to life in another state, blessings have flowed into our lives in so many ways that listing them would be impossible.

As you celebrate Thanksgiving I pray you will find yourself stuffed -- not with turkey, dressing and pecan pie, but with thankfulness for the overflow of God's blessings, love, and grace in your life, despite any adversity or loss you may have suffered this year.  His love and blessings for those who seek Him will never run dry.  If you desire more of God don't be bashful -- boldly ask and He will make sure that you are more than satisfied!



Copyright © 2014 by Dee Dee Wike. All rights reserved. www.deedeewike.com

***************************

Thank you for visiting my blog! You are encouraged to post a comment and share this blog with a friend. By sharing, you are helping to encourage others with the truth of God's Word!

No comments:

Post a Comment