Monday, September 22, 2014

The Burdens We Bear

On my way home from another costly trip to the vet I found myself very thankful. Not thankful for spending money I couldn't afford to spend, but thankful it wasn't more than it could have been.  Lately sick dogs and broken down cars have exceeded my budget and consumed nearly my entire paycheck, but thank God for the paycheck, right?

As I contemplated this latest challenge and asked God His purpose in allowing it, I found myself thinking that perhaps He allows inconveniences and unexpected expenses to teach us gratitude -- for the things we are able to manage because of His provision and the hardships we don't suffer even though others have more than their share.

The burdens we bear are often insignificant compared with the difficulties others face. Every time I am tempted to complain God patiently reminds me of that.  What are the burdens you face today?  Can you find a reason to thank God in spite of them We are not commanded to thank God for everything we face, but we are commanded to thank Him in all things, for that is His will for us in Christ Jesus (1 Thessalonians 5:18).



Copyright © 2014 by Dee Dee Wike. All rights reserved. www.deedeewike.com

***************************

Thank you for visiting my blog! You are encouraged to post a comment and share this blog with a friend. By sharing, you are helping to encourage others with the truth of God's Word!

No comments:

Post a Comment