Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Pleasant Places

"I remain confident of this: I will see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living. Wait for the LORD; be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord" (Psalm 27:13-14, NIV).
Usually the devotionals I write are the bittersweet fruit of suffering. The ability to pray through my struggles, filter them through the lens of God's Word, and write about them encourages me and, I hope, others.

This morning, however, I write from a different perspective. Even though I still face daily challenges which test my patience and stretch my faith muscles, I can say with all conviction that "the boundary lines have fallen for me in pleasant places; surely I have a delightful inheritance" (Psalm 16:6). Reaching the point where I can say that has not been easy or quick. I have walked through a lot of fiery trials and battled the enemy time and time again, sometimes falling and failing to emerge unscathed. But I have persevered knowing that nothing on life lasts forever and assured that my true life rests with God in heaven, where I will experience joy, peace, health, and the riches of heaven for all eternity.

My "pleasant place" is not merely the address where I now reside but rather the presence of God and the promise of his peace while I walk this earth. It is the knowledge that I can trust in the promises of his Word for provision and healing and comfort. It is knowing that when I am heartbroken or conflicted, he is greater than my heart and knows everything (1 John 3:20).

Right now you may be in a season of unbearable adversity, one seemingly without end. Hold fast to the hand of your Savior, who will never let you go. Dare to be still for just a moment, close your eyes, and picture yourself walking hand-in-hand with Jesus toward the glow of heaven's light around God's throne, as every trouble and heartache fades into the shadows. Journey on knowing that your light and momentary troubles are achieving for you an eternal glory that outweighs them all (2 Corinthians 4:17).



Copyright © 2014 by Dee Dee Wike. All rights reserved. www.deedeewike.com

***************************

Thank you for visiting my blog! You are encouraged to post a comment and share this blog with a friend. By sharing, you are helping to encourage others with the truth of God's Word!

No comments:

Post a Comment