Saturday, September 6, 2014

In the Stillness of the Morning

In the stillness of the morning, in the presence of the One
Who with his words spoke into being the stars and moon and sun
And every tree whose leaves will turn as autumn chills the air,
I feast upon his words of life and talk to him in prayer.
These moments in the early morn before I start my day
Are precious ones wherein I seek to learn his will and way,
That in them I may gladly walk and seek to do his will,
So that in all I say and do his purpose is fulfilled.
Unless each day I turn aside from all of life's demands
And look to him for guidance to reach my promised land
My feet will only stumble until my way is lost
Unless I live surrendered in the power of the cross.
Christ's footsteps I will follow wherever he may lead,
With assurance he will guide me as upon his Word I feed.
Trusting ever in his promise that beside me he will stay
I will glory in each blessing that he offers me this day.



Copyright © 2014 by Dee Dee Wike. All rights reserved. www.deedeewike.com

***************************

Thank you for visiting my blog! You are encouraged to post a comment and share this blog with a friend. By sharing, you are helping to encourage others with the truth of God's Word!

No comments:

Post a Comment