Saturday, August 2, 2014

Right at Home

"But if serving the Lord seems undesirable to you, then choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve, whether the gods your ancestors served beyond the Euphrates, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land you are living. But as for me and my household, we will serve the Lord" (Joshua 24:15, NIV).

The view from my La-Z-Boy
From where I sit this morning the world is a beautiful place and my heart is at peace.  It is hard to believe that we have been in our new home for two months now. 

Life is so different here, better than I expected. Although getting used to a smaller home was an adjustment at first I appreciate having more time to enjoy life.  With less to clean and maintain I now have the luxury of sitting in the backyard watching birds and the occasional rabbit that comes through the fence. Trips to "the beach within reach" are a frequent occurrence, not so I can soak up the rays but rather observe crabs and jelly fish in their natural habitat, watch passing boats, and marvel at how different Gloucester Point appears depending on the weather and time of day. Each visit is a new adventure.

Chris
The biggest blessing of all has been reconnecting as a family and spending quality time together after five months of separation.  I have especially enjoyed getting reacquainted with Chris, who was not home much because of his work and other activities.  Please pray for Chris and me as we continue to seek employment here.

With school just around the corner, Joy will start her own new adventure and our schedule will become busier and more routine.  Until then I plan to milk every moment of summer that I can and enjoy these kiddos while there is still time.  They are growing up much too quickly!

Joy

Life here is better but certainly not perfect. We continue to struggle with many of the same problems we had before the move. There are new challenges, too. That is part of the adventure.  But we know God is in this move and that he has a solution for every problem and provision for every need. No matter how long we stay here or where God leads us in the future, with him we'll always be right at home.



Copyright © 2014 by Dee Dee Wike. All rights reserved. www.deedeewike.com

***************************

Thank you for visiting my blog! You are encouraged to post a comment and share this blog with a friend. By sharing, you are helping to encourage others with the truth of God's Word!

No comments:

Post a Comment