Thursday, July 17, 2014

The Dog and the Frog

My favorite thing about our move to Virginia has been watching nature in all its forms.  Recently I ran across my binoculars in one of our unpacked boxes.  Needless to say, I have carried them with me everywhere.

Binoculars were of no use one night, however, when I was bird and bat watching on the deck.  Madison, who had been outside with me for awhile (she always comes clawing at the sliding glass door when she wants to join me), was standing at the back door looking in and waiting ever so patiently for me to open the door so she could join the rest of our pack, who were inside watching some show on cable.  Their idea of watching nature is tuning into Animal Planet.  I remained outside a while longer waiting for stars to appear.

When I got ready to go inside I turned around and noticed a tiny little frog sitting in the same posture as Madison had earlier -- on haunches (I don't suppose frogs sit any other way) on the door frame with its nose pressed against the glass.  It was if he were saying, "Hey, look at me!  Here I am!  I want to come in and watch TV too!"  "Little buddy, I wish you could come inside but my species doesn't take kindly to critters running and hopping loose in the house!  Especially the dog!"

What I would give to have had my camera to take a picture of the frog at the door.  That's a pose the dog strikes often -- side-by-side the photos would have been precious!


Copyright © 2014 by Dee Dee Wike. All rights reserved. www.deedeewike.com

***************************

Thank you for visiting my blog! You are encouraged to post a comment and share this blog with a friend. By sharing, you are helping to encourage others with the truth of God's Word!

No comments:

Post a Comment