Monday, July 21, 2014

God's Significant Other

While waiting on calls from potential employers I have anticipated job interview questions in my mind even before they are asked.  "What makes you a good candidate for this job?  What motivates you?  Why should I hire you?"

We have all had to answer questions of that type at one time or another.  Maybe not to get a job, but certainly as we have journeyed through this adventure called life. What motivates you to do the things you do or work as hard as you work?  I would have to say that I am driven by the need to make a significant contribution to my employer and a difference in the lives of the people I meet.  I want what I do and who I am to matter, significantly.

Whether or not we feel like our presence on this planet makes a difference to anyone else, we need to be reminded--or perhaps hear for the first time--that we are significant to God. Regardless of whether we are married, widowed, divorced, or single, as children of God we are his "significant other."  In case you question your significance in his eyes, consider that:

He created you in his image! (Genesis 1:27)
He has engraved you on the palms of his hands. (Isaiah 49:16)
He loves you with an everlasting love. (Jeremiah 32:3)
He holds your tears in a bottle. (Psalm 56:8)
He has promised to never leave you or forsake you. (Hebrews 13:5)
He has declared himself to be your peace. (Ephesians 2:14)
He died a grueling death on the cross in your place for your sins so that you could spend eternity with him! (John 3:16)

There is indisputable evidence all through scripture that God loves you and you matter to him.  Next time you doubt that, take a look in the mirror and you will see God's significant other.




Copyright © 2014 by Dee Dee Wike. All rights reserved. www.deedeewike.com

***************************

Thank you for visiting my blog! You are encouraged to post a comment and share this blog with a friend. By sharing, you are helping to encourage others with the truth of God's Word!

No comments:

Post a Comment