Thursday, July 24, 2014

A Glorious Unfolding

I'm pregnant -- with expectation, that is.  (Had some of you worried, didn't I?) Take a breath while I explain.

In January my world turned upside down, but in a good way.  Steve was downsized as a result of a bank merger and God saw fit to open an employment opportunity in Virginia, closing all other doors for employment in Tennessee.  In twelve short days from the day his offer was received, my husband moved.  Less than six weeks later my father-in-law went to be with Jesus following a short illness.  And three months later, the rest of our family, including my mother-in-law, moved to Virginia. It was a crazy, crazy time for our family.

As I sit here reflecting on all that has transpired and all that didn't go according to my plans as far as my ministry is concerned, I realize that God is working out things I cannot even begin to imagine. More than once today I have been led to 1 Corinthians 2:9 --“Eye has not seen, nor ear heard, nor have entered into the heart of man the things which God has prepared for those who love Him.” Steven Curtis Chapman's song, "The Glorious Unfolding," is playing in an unending loop in my mind.  And you know what?  I couldn't be more excited about this season in my life, as uncertain and untidy as it is!  In spite of all the unanswered questions, unending searches, and endless possibilities, this I know:  What I don't see, God does.  What I don't understand is completely clear to him.  No matter where he takes me -- the highest mountaintop or the lowest valley -- he will be there to guide me every step of the way.

Maybe you are in a season of life where you don't know which end is up.  You are discouraged, as I have been, that things didn't turn out quite the way you expected.  Maybe you are in the middle of a trial for which there seems to be no purpose but your own pain.  Don't lose heart!  "For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all" (2 Corinthians 4:17).

Click here for the lyrics to "The Glorious Unfolding" and here to listen to this encouraging song.


Copyright © 2014 by Dee Dee Wike. All rights reserved. www.deedeewike.com

***************************

Thank you for visiting my blog! You are encouraged to post a comment and share this blog with a friend. By sharing, you are helping to encourage others with the truth of God's Word!

No comments:

Post a Comment