Friday, June 13, 2014

The Struggle is Real

Two weeks ago our family was loading a U-Haul truck and trailer in Tennessee with great anticipation of our move to Virginia after a four month long journey of separation, loss, and difficult decision making.  Many times over the days since we arrived and began the process of unpacking all our boxes my daughter has been heard to say, "the struggle is real."  Even though her statement has been spoken humorously to infuse a little joy into stressful circumstances, she is absolutely correct--the struggle IS real!

I have been keeping up with my friends and family through Facebook posts and emails.  Clearly the struggle is real for many of us.  I have read posts of sickness, loss, sadness, and stress and realize that my struggles are nothing compared to the struggles others are facing, but they are real to me.

But even more than our struggles, our God is real.   The very trials which challenge our faith often are the catalysts which cause us to draw near to Him by faith and lean upon the promises of His Word to see us through them.  Sometimes we just need to step away from the struggle and quiet ourselves so that we can reconnect with Him.

Last night, as I struggled with the stress of the move and some other concerns that have burdened my heart recently, I went to my bedroom, put on a CD of music regarding prayer, and worshipped as I put the finishing touches on my "corner office."  It helped to remind myself that "somebody's praying me through."

To my friends and family back home, I love and thank you for praying us through this move.  Please know that you and your loved ones are in my prayers as well.


Copyright © 2014 by Dee Dee Wike. All rights reserved. www.deedeewike.com

***************************

Thank you for visiting my blog! You are encouraged to post a comment and share this blog with a friend. By sharing, you are helping to encourage others with the truth of God's Word!

No comments:

Post a Comment