Thursday, April 17, 2014

So Many Things

As we prepare for our move to Virginia I find myself feeling a bit like Martha, "anxious and troubled about many things" (Luke 10:41) rather than enjoying my life in Christ and this God-ordained adventure.  Perhaps that is because I have taken my eyes off him and focused on my problems rather than his provision and promises. Although I know that everything will be accomplished in time for the move to take place on schedule, I still have trouble keeping in perspective the distractions of everyday life that continue to make the journey so challenging. Rather than focus on and be thankful for all that God has accomplished already, I am prone to fret over all that remains to be done.  Oh me of little faith!

Maybe you have felt the same way at times in your life, or perhaps even today.  If so, I hope you will set aside your worries for a minute, open  God's Word to read his promises for you, spend some time talking with Jesus, and enjoy the peace you will find in his presence. Mary "chose the good portion" by sitting at her Lord's feet while her sister, Martha, scurried around preparing a meal for their special guest.  When she asked Jesus to make Mary help, Jesus instead gently chided Martha for being so fretful and commended Mary for choosing to let go of the stress and enjoy his presence.

There are so many things vying for our attention these days but as long as we choose to spend time daily investing in our relationship with Christ through prayer and by living according to his Word, nothing will be able to separate us from his love (Romans 8:38-39).


Copyright © 2014 by Dee Dee Wike. All rights reserved. www.deedeewike.com

***************************

Thank you for visiting my blog! You are encouraged to post a comment and share this blog with a friend. By sharing, you are helping to encourage others with the truth of God's Word!

No comments:

Post a Comment