Thursday, April 10, 2014

Saved by the Still, Small Voice

Today has been another "Plan B" day.  There have been many of those lately but I'm not complaining.  You see, once more I have been saved by that still, small voice that has never steered me wrong.

Although Friday is my regular day off and I had planned to have my car serviced Friday morning before leaving town for the weekend, I had an unexplainable yet real sense of urgency to have it serviced on Tuesday morning instead.  In addition to a routine oil change and tire rotation I requested an air-conditioning test because the air in my car was not blowing cold as it should.  Not surprisingly, I was told that the compressor and other related parts were defective and that it would cost quite a bit of money to repair the air-conditioning system.  I declined the repair because I didn't feel I could afford it on top of the expense of our relocation.

After noticing an unusual sound a couple of days later I felt a nudge to drop back by the garage to see if it was related to the air-conditioning system.  The manager told me something I had not been told previously -- that the compressor was a critical component of the car, and that when it failed the car would not be drivable.   Despite the untimely expense of the repair, I am thankful to have listened to that still, small voice earlier in the week and followed up on my hunch that the noise was somehow related.  If I hadn't I might have found myself stranded on a highway in the middle of nowhere.

God gives us his Holy Spirit at the moment we receive Christ as our Savior.  The Holy Spirit guides us as we heed his "still, small voice."  Like the compressor on my car, surrender to the Holy Spirit is crucial for the believer who desires to keep moving forward in his or her relationship with God.   I am so thankful for the times I have heeded and been saved by his holy whisper.


Copyright © 2014 by Dee Dee Wike. All rights reserved. www.deedeewike.com

***************************

Thank you for visiting my blog! You are encouraged to post a comment and share this blog with a friend. By sharing, you are helping to encourage others with the truth of God's Word!

No comments:

Post a Comment