Wednesday, April 2, 2014

A Wild Ride on the Pity Party Express

The past several days have been an emotional roller coaster ride for me, a ride I hope not to take again any time soon.  Having ridden the Pity Party Express many times before you would think I'd have sense enough not to board such a turbulent transport.  After all, doesn't life already have enough excitement?

I owe my friends an apology for whining and complaining about being busy and stressed and for having meltdowns a little too often.  Clearly my vision has been distorted (did I just use "clearly" and "distorted" in the same sentence?) because my eyes have turned from the Lord, who has ordained this journey and will supply everything needed to see it through to completion.  Instead of living large with God in charge, I have been living low in "slow mo" with self in control.  No wonder I haven't accomplished anything!

The Lord has reminded me once more that "it's not about you."   Only as I shift my focus back to Him and proceed with a thankful heart rather than a whiny attitude will I move forward in this God-ordained adventure and fulfill the plans He has for me.

If you are in a similar slump let me encourage you to make an appointment with the Great Physician to have your vision checked.  Maybe it's time to take the blinders off and put on a little divine perspective!




Copyright © 2014 by Dee Dee Wike. All rights reserved. www.deedeewike.com

***************************

Thank you for visiting my blog! You are encouraged to post a comment and share this blog with a friend. By sharing, you are helping to encourage others with the truth of God's Word!

No comments:

Post a Comment