Friday, March 28, 2014

My Happy Place

Call me old-fashioned but I enjoy being a homemaker -- on the days when I'm not working my day job, that is.  Don't get me wrong.  I love my part-time job and the paycheck that comes every two weeks but I'd trade it all in for the full-time gig of being a homemaker.

Nothing is more satisfying to me than actually preparing a nourishing meal for my family, smelling the aroma of freshly washed bed linens, or walking into a house that has been dusted and mopped with a little lemon Pledge and Murphy's Oil Soap.  To have the energy and luxury of cooking dinner in the middle of the afternoon rather than the end of a tiring work day is an indescribable blessing!

Being the published author of three books doesn't fill me with a sense of purpose like being home for my teenage daughter at the end of her school day or available to discuss the meaning of life with my twenty-year-old son.  It doesn't even come close.  I would trade a dozen best-sellers, or at least my three unknown devotional titles, to see the fruit of all those lengthy conversations about God, His purpose for our lives, and the joy of a walk with Him.  Maybe one of these days.

Oops!  Gotta run now.  The oven just preheated and it's time to put in a batch of cookies and pour myself another cup of coffee!


Copyright © 2014 by Dee Dee Wike. All rights reserved. www.deedeewike.com

***************************

Thank you for visiting my blog! You are encouraged to post a comment and share this blog with a friend. By sharing, you are helping to encourage others with the truth of God's Word!

No comments:

Post a Comment