Wednesday, February 12, 2014

What a Day May Bring

"Do not boast about tomorrow, for you do not know what a day may bring" (Proverbs 27:1).

The view from my office window is dreary and gray.  Winter has been long and cold this year but one page turn of the calendar reminds us that spring is but a few weeks away.  With spring comes a hope that blooms as surely as the daffodils that will soon burst through the soil in search of the sun.  But what about those days that we have neatly planned and prayed over only to find that God had another plan in mind all along, a plan that perhaps changes our course in ways we might not understand?

With my husband comfortably settled into his cozy apartment nearly a thousand miles away and adjusting to the responsibilities of a new job, my assigned task was to get rid of clutter we have accumulated over the past thirteen years, sell our home, and pack our remaining belongings to complete the relocation of our family at the end of the school year.  That's our plan, but is it God's?

Shortly after Steve moved to Virginia, his father experienced a health setback which was similar to one from which he recovered a year ago.  But this time is different.  Steve is not here and his dad is not bouncing back like we'd hoped.  I have wondered if perhaps God's plan is that I should stay here a while longer than originally planned in order to look after his aging parents.  Only time will tell as God unveils His will for all of us.

While it is wise to plan it is foolish to think that we are ever in control of our destinies. If my walk with God has taught me nothing else, it has taught me that God is unpredictable at times but always -- ALWAYS -- trustworthy.  His divine detours are meant to reveal more of His glory and enhance our journey through this life.

It matters not when or where I go as long as He walks beside me.





Copyright © 2014 by Dee Dee Wike. All rights reserved. www.deedeewike.com

***************************

Thank you for visiting my blog! You are encouraged to post a comment and share this blog with a friend. By sharing, you are helping to encourage others with the truth of God's Word!

No comments:

Post a Comment