Friday, December 13, 2013

What I Want for Christmas

What I want for Christmas cannot be bought or made,
Or wrapped in pretty paper and beneath a green tree laid.
It isn't something I can get from the department store,
But rather quite a special gift known only to the Lord.
It's something I have prayed for, for such a long, long time,
A joy that cannot be contained, I hope will soon be mine.
The cry of every longing heart that longs so to be still,
As on the Lord I wait for Him to bring about His will
To see my lost ones walk with Him and know Him as their Friend,
A faithful, holy God whose love and mercy have no end.
The greatest joy that I could have this blessed Christmas morn
Is knowing that in all their hearts the Christ child is reborn.



Copyright © 2013 by Dee Dee Wike. All rights reserved. www.deedeewike.com

***************************

Thank you for visiting my blog! You are encouraged to post a comment and share this blog with a friend. By sharing, you are helping to encourage others with the truth of God's Word!

No comments:

Post a Comment