Wednesday, October 30, 2013

The Better Thing

Today I'll choose the better thing,
The rest to do another time.
To linger in Your Presence, Lord,
Is a joy that's most sublime.
With praise songs softly playing,
My glad heart will worship You.
There is  no place I'd rather be
Or thing I'd rather do.
The clothes that need a washing,
The floors that need a sweep,
The emails still unanswered
Are all things that will keep.
To sit and talk with You, Lord,
And meditate on Your Word
Refreshes me like nothing else
And prepares me for the work
Of being parent, spouse, and friend,
And office worker, too,
Affording me the privilege
Of lifting those to You
Who may not know You as I do,
Or know how much You care--
Who may not know that they themselves
Can come to You in prayer.
Oh, help us all to come aside
From all that holds us fast,
That Your embrace we may enjoy
Before this day has passed.
Each moment spent with You, dear Lord,
Prepares us for the 'morrow
When all will fade on earth below
And heaven will hold no sorrow.
Lord, strengthen us with grace each day
Our trials to withstand
Until we pass through heaven's gates
Into our Promised Land!


Copyright © 2013 by Dee Dee Wike. All rights reserved. www.deedeewike.com

***************************

Thank you for visiting my blog! You are encouraged to post a comment and share this blog with a friend. By sharing, you are helping to encourage others with the truth of God's Word!

No comments:

Post a Comment