Saturday, October 26, 2013

Not the Only One

Hard pressed on every side, not crushed,
Perplexed, but not despairing --
A broken, contrite heart I bring,
O Lord, for Your repairing.
A sacrifice of praise to You
My heavy heart I offer
With glistening tears and trembling hands
To lay upon Your altar.
Oh, Lord, I'm not the only one
So overwhelmed by life,
Who finds each day less filled with joy
Than bitterness and strife.
Your children struggle day-by-day
To find their hope in You,
To overcome the trials of life
By walking in Your truths.
I'm not the only one, dear Lord,
Who feels a little lost,
Who needs to sense Your presence near
To help me bear my cross.
O Word of God, speak now to me
Your truths to give me courage,
To fight with faith and run the race
And others to encourage.
Lord, bless all those who seek Your grace
As on their paths they trod.
Supply Your peace, reminding us
You are Almighty God,
Who cares for us and wipes each tear,
Who knows each pain we feel.
Help us to live in such a way
That You, God, are revealed.
Lord, let the hurt and pain we feel
Be stepping stones of grace
To help the lost ones find their way,
Your salvation to embrace.


Copyright © 2013 by Dee Dee Wike. All rights reserved. www.deedeewike.com

***************************

Thank you for visiting my blog! You are encouraged to post a comment and share this blog with a friend. By sharing, you are helping to encourage others with the truth of God's Word!

No comments:

Post a Comment