Saturday, October 19, 2013

Go...Fight...WIN!

On this beautiful fall afternoon in the middle of football season it only seems appropriate to write about perseverance and victory.  After all, isn't that what the Christian life is all about?

Sometimes it seems that life is one big skirmish.  We fight and scrape our way through each day's challenges, bobbing and weaving through our days like a quarterback through a defensive line.  (Disclaimer:  I really know very little about football, so if my analogies are a little off-base then feel free to throw a penalty flag!)  Eventually though, if we do not grow weary and give up, we will eventually find ourselves doing a victory dance in the end zone!

I feel like I've been running the ball all day, making puny advances and gaining very little yardage.  But my eye is on the goal and I am determined to make it across the goal line no matter how many times I get sacked by the distractions and disruptions that oppose me.

How about you?  There is a "great cloud of witnesses" cheering you on from a heavenly grandstand, witnesses who played this game before you.  Will you carry the ball that has been passed to you, persevering until you reach the goal?  Hear them cheer you on:  "Go...Fight...Win!"




Copyright © 2013 by Dee Dee Wike. All rights reserved. www.deedeewike.com

***************************

Thank you for visiting my blog! You are encouraged to post a comment and share this blog with a friend. By sharing, you are helping to encourage others with the truth of God's Word!

No comments:

Post a Comment