Saturday, August 10, 2013

Not Mine to Keep but His to Give

Each moment that I hold onto
In hopes of making mine
Are meaningless kept to myself
If someone needs my time
Each penny that I'm blessed to have
Provision for each day
Is worthless if it is not spent
To better someone's way
The things I own, the car I drive
To take me place to place
Are idols if not often used
To show someone God's grace
It's hard not to be selfish
With God's blessings from above
But burdens they can soon become
If not used to share His love
Lord, give me an open heart and hands
To share the things You give
My time, possessions, and Your love
That I might truly live
Not mine to keep but His to give
His mercy, grace, and love
When freely shared may save a soul
To live with God above
Lord, may I learn to love and give
With freedom, joy, and grace
Until that day when finally
I see you face to face.

Copyright © 2013 by Dee Dee Wike. All rights reserved. www.deedeewike.com

***************************

Thank you for visiting my blog! You are encouraged to post a comment and share this blog with a friend. By sharing, you are helping to encourage others with the truth of God's Word!

No comments:

Post a Comment