Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Did You Catch That?

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper and not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future.  Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you.  You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart" (Jeremiah 29:11-13, NIV)
How often do we read a familiar verse of scripture and overlook the really neat verse right next to it?  As I was preparing to shut down my computer for the night I reached for my bible and it fell open to Jeremiah 29.  The familiar verses above were highlighted in my bible, but the middle verse stood out as never before.  "Then you will call upon me [the God and Creator of the universe] and come and pray to me [the One who is before and above all things], and I [Almighty God, the great I AM, the Alpha and Omega, Beginning and the End] will listen to you" (v. 12, emphasis added).  Did you catch that?

Who are we that God would listen to us?  What entitles us to an audience with the King of kings and Lord of lords?  Maybe you are feeling a little inferior these days, not quite up to par with other believers or co-workers or friends.  Perhaps you feel God short-changed you somehow and doesn't consider you worthy of so much as a glance from His loving, compassionate eyes.  Nothing could be further from the truth!  Jesus died for you!  He didn't do anything wrong to deserve such an agonizing death; we did!  Yet His Word tells us that when we call upon Him and come and pray to Him, He will listen to us!  To us!

As you greet the first light of morning, or lay your head on the pillow after a long and tiring day, think about the amazing wonder of God's love for you!  "How great is the love the Father has lavished on us, that we should be called children of God!  And that is what we are! (1 John 3:1).  Did you catch that, beloved child of God?


Copyright © 2013 by Dee Dee Wike. All rights reserved. www.deedeewike.com

***************************

Thank you for visiting my blog! You are encouraged to post a comment and share this blog with a friend. By sharing, you are helping to encourage others with the truth of God's Word!

No comments:

Post a Comment