Monday, June 10, 2013

Positioned to Praise

Sometimes life is disappointing.  The other day my husband took my hand-me-down Buick to a local garage to have the air conditioning serviced.  We knew there was a problem since my father-in-law had to have the air conditioner charged with Freon last summer and it hasn't blown cool air since the weather got warm this spring.  When the mechanic began putting Freon in the unit, coolant began "spewing out everywhere" due to a broken compressor.  We were told that repairs to the air conditioning system could be as high as $800-$900 because the compressor would have to be replaced.  Needless to say my heart sank at the realization that I would have to bear with the heat until we could save money to have it properly fixed.  I almost cried.

That kind of disappointment has happened over and over the past twelve months.  Between my husband's job loss, broken appliances, medical expenses not covered by insurance (because we had none), and just the stuff of everyday life, I have been at a low point and on the verge of tears many times.  Sometimes I have cried like a baby, but others times I have resolved not to shed tears but praise God instead.  Without fail, every time I have chosen to praise God and thank Him for the other blessings in my life, rather than complain  about the disappointments, God has blessed me with His encouragement.

Sure, it is easy to praise God when everything is going our way.  But what about those times when it isn't?  Can we praise Him then, even if our hearts might not feel thankful because of our circumstances?  If I were to do as Erma Bombeck suggested and make lemonade out of the lemons life throws at me, I could sell enough lemonade to put every ambitious kid's lemonade stand out of business!

Sometimes I do my best praising when it appears I am in no position whatsoever to praise God.  I don't have to have the best of everything because I have all of Him, and that is reason enough to give Him glory.


Copyright © 2013 by Dee Dee Wike. All rights reserved. www.deedeewike.com

***************************

Thank you for visiting my blog! You are encouraged to post a comment and share this blog with a friend. By sharing, you are helping to encourage others with the truth of God's Word!

No comments:

Post a Comment