Sunday, June 9, 2013

Filing It Away


According to all the home and garden magazines, baskets are supposed to be handy and aesthetically-pleasing receptacles for organizing our stuff.  The problem is, when we don't periodically clean out those baskets, they begin to look like my filing basket.  Can you tell I hate to file?

Filing is a necessarily evil, at least in terms of paperwork.  I thought computers were supposed to eliminate all the paperwork, but that hasn't happened in my world.  Although each of these pieces of paper has a designated file in my filing cabinet, I find myself periodically having to sift through the basket to find an important piece of information, all because I have neglected to do simple daily or weekly filing.

But paperwork is not the only thing we need to file away.  Even more important is the need to file God's Word in our hearts and minds so that when the need arises we will have the truth we need to face any crisis, keep from sinning, and make decisions that require greater wisdom than we possess.  For me, filing God's Word is best done in the morning during my quiet time as I read devotionals, but with the technology available to us today we can take in His truth anytime, anywhere.

We need to hide God's Word in our hearts, that we might not sin against Him (Psalm 119:11).  In Romans 10:17 we are told, "Consequently, faith comes from hearing the message, and the message is heard through the word of Christ."  How can we have faith if we don't know the truths of God's Word and the promises that He has made to those who believe in Him?

If your life is not what you want it to be and you find yourself struggling with fear, anger, anxiety, and a lack of direction, it may just be that you need to take some time to open God's Word and do a little filing.  Then you will have the truth you need to stand on when the time comes.



Copyright © 2013 by Dee Dee Wike. All rights reserved. www.deedeewike.com

***************************

Thank you for visiting my blog! You are encouraged to post a comment and share this blog with a friend. By sharing, you are helping to encourage others with the truth of God's Word!

No comments:

Post a Comment