Monday, April 1, 2013

What's Your Passion?

"See what great love the Father has lavished on us, that we should be called children of God!  And that is what we are!" (1 John 3:1)

If someone were to ask you what your passion is, what would your answer be?  Coffee?  Chocolate?  Your family? Sports?  Odds are your answer would be related to a particular person or thing that you love, that person or thing that brings you happiness like nothing else does.

"But I'm not really passionate about anything," you might say.  We are each passionate about something at some point in our lives and if we're lucky, our purpose in life is driven by that passion.

Those who know me might think that my passion is coffee.  Certainly it is high on my list, but it doesn't come close to the mark.  Some days I don't have time to indulge my passion the way I would like, but that doesn't make it any less my passion.  Have you figured out what my passion is?

My passion is encouraging others with the truth of God's Word.  It is the underlying purpose for my ministry and the one thing that makes every pain and heartache I have suffered worthwhile.  I am convinced that God doesn't waste anything in our lives.  We may waste what does or does not happen, but God never does.  There is a lesson to be learned and shared even in our greatest trials and joy to be shared in our greatest triumphs.

If you aren't certain what your passion is or should be, ask God to give you passion for something that will bring honor to Him.  After all, He knows about passion -- He is passionate about you!



Copyright © 2013 by Dee Dee Wike. All rights reserved. www.deedeewike.com

***************************

Thank you for visiting my blog! You are encouraged to post a comment and share this blog with a friend. By sharing, you are helping to encourage others with the truth of God's Word!

No comments:

Post a Comment