Monday, April 15, 2013

Living 3-D in a Two-Dimensional World

Recently I decided to step out of my comfort zone and try wearing contact lenses instead of glasses.  My eye doctor didn't share my enthusiasm for this experiment because as a fifty-plus-age bifocal wearer she knew this would be a huge stretch for me.  Still determined, I walked out of her office last week with new contacts in my eyes and a new lease on life.  What I didn't count on, however, was living 3-D in a two-dimensional world!

Have you ever looked at a book or flash card that had a 3-D picture on it?  When you stare at the picture, the objects seem to lift off the page.  Or think of what it is like to sit in a movie theater watching a 3-D movie without the 3-D glasses to bring all the elements into focus.  That is what my vision has been like this week as I have tried to see my computer monitor and read without the correction of reading glasses.  Although I haven't been made nauseous by the appearance of floating icons and blurry text messages, I have been quite irritated that I cannot even work at my computer without glasses of some sort on my face!  Don't get me wrong -- I LOVE 3-D, but not in my little two-dimensional world.

Am I ready to abandon the contacts and go back to glasses?  Not a chance!  I don't like cleaning my glasses or having to wipe them off if a little sweat or rain gets on them. There has to be a solution for someone like me, so when I find it you'll be the first to know.


Copyright © 2013 by Dee Dee Wike. All rights reserved. www.deedeewike.com

***************************

Thank you for visiting my blog! You are encouraged to post a comment and share this blog with a friend. By sharing, you are helping to encourage others with the truth of God's Word!

No comments:

Post a Comment