Thursday, March 7, 2013

Free Time

I am SO excited about having next week off that I can't decide what I want to do.  But that doesn't really matter because Uncle Sam has essentially made that decision for me!  While other people will be enjoying the beach or crowded theme parks on their spring break I will be preparing at least three or four tax returns, weeding flower beds, raking leaves, and working on a number of other projects that have fallen by the wayside since I returned to the work force last summer.

No matter what I do, I will enjoy having my free time back for a week.  A friend recently asked me, "What is free time?"  I answered, "Free time is the time I spend doing what I don't get paid for."  Isn't that the truth? 

There is a lot to be said for leisure trips and lazy days, but my idea of a perfectly fulfilling day is one that starts with a longer quiet time, affords me time for a second cup of coffee, and is spent serving my family and enjoying the blessings of home.  Although I like my job, love my co-workers, and really love my paycheck, I'd trade it all in for the blessing and privilege of being a homemaker, gardener, cook, and wash woman, if I could afford to.  For now, though, I'm content to be where God has placed me for this season of life, always looking for the chance to make a difference in my small corner of the world.  Whether or not my time is my own, I am free to enjoy God's blessings and to make a difference wherever He leads me.


Copyright © 2013 by Dee Dee Wike. All rights reserved. www.deedeewike.com

***************************

Thank you for visiting my blog! You are encouraged to post a comment and share this blog with a friend. By sharing, you are helping to encourage others with the truth of God's Word!

No comments:

Post a Comment