Sunday, January 27, 2013

What Faith Can Do

"What Faith Can Do"* by Kutless is a song that has been playing over and over in my mind all day, a song which has carried me through many challenging seasons of my life.  Perhaps my favorite line in the entire song is "It doesn't matter what you've heard.  Impossible is not a word; it's just a reason for someone not to try."  If you are like me, you can probably think of times in your own life when you felt like giving up because something seemed impossible.  Perhaps that something was a dream or a difficult task that consumed all your physical and emotional resources.

While I was outside with my dog this afternoon I heard a rustling sound in a nearby tree.  Thinking it was two or three squirrels chasing one another around the trunk of an oak tree across the street, I looked there but did not see them.  Listening intently, my attention was drawn to a large oak in my own yard, where a squirrel was busily adding leafy twigs to its nest high in the branches overhead.  As I watched it work tirelessly, I noticed that the squirrel had to leap from the branch through the air, nesting material securely in its mouth, in order to reach the top of its nest, a seemingly impossible task for a creature so much smaller than the nest itself.



I watched the squirrel for several minutes and marveled at the leaps he took to construct a sturdy home for the family that will soon inhabit his nest.  Watching him caused me to ponder the courage and faith I will need to face my own challenges in the days and weeks ahead.

Jesus told his disciples (that includes us) that if we have faith as small as a mustard seed we can move mountains.  Watching this little creature move leaves to make a home inspired me to keep believing that with God anything is possible!


(*Click on the link above to watch Kutless perform "That's What Faith Can Do.")




Copyright © 2013 by Dee Dee Wike. All rights reserved. www.deedeewike.com

***************************

Thank you for visiting my blog! You are encouraged to post a comment and share this blog with a friend. By sharing, you are helping to encourage others with the truth of God's Word!

No comments:

Post a Comment