Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Spiritual Amnesia

How I wish I had amnesia
How I wish I could forget
All the hurtful words that others
In the past to me have said
All the grudges that I carry
Are a burden far too great
Though I know that love should fill my heart
Sometimes all I feel is hate
'Tis a sad but true confession
That I share with you, my friend
One I struggle with each day I live
One I know should quickly end
"Love is patient" so the Bible says
Unforgiveness is a sin
But the angry voice inside my mind
Rears its ugly head again
Makes me wonder, though, how oft I've said
To others words of pain
Or been critical of things so small
With nothing to be gained
Lord, forgive me for the way I've sinned
By thought and words and deeds
Please retrain my thoughts and curb my tongue
That I might sow good seeds
Of faith and hope, encouragement
And love to those I know
More grace, not less, to live each day
More blessings to bestow
Lord, make me more like you each day
The One who can forgive
As far as east is from the west
That I in peace may live.



Copyright © 2012 by Dee Dee Wike. All rights reserved. www.deedeewike.com

***************************

Thank you for visiting my blog! You are encouraged to post a comment and share this blog with a friend. By sharing, you are helping to encourage others with the truth of God's Word!

No comments:

Post a Comment