Saturday, January 26, 2013

My Exceeding Joy

O send out Your light and Your truth, let them lead me; Let them bring me to Your holy hill and to Your dwelling places. Then I will go to the altar of God, to God my exceeding joy; and upon the lyre I shall praise You, O God, my God. -- Psalm 43:3-4, NASB
 
The other day I was reading some verses from a book of promises for mothers that I received at church one Mother's Day.  When I read the above verses from Psalm 43, I was struck by the phrase, "to God my exceeding joy," and I realized how accurately that describes my heart for God.

In all the craziness of life -- the trials I continue to face day in and day out -- I could so easily be overwhelmed were it not for "God my exceeding joy."  I live for the newness of each morning when I can meet with Him to pray over the details of my life and the challenges I know will come, and can hear from His Word the truths He will use to guide my footsteps that day.  I hang on every word I read, looking for a morsel of encouragement, the promise of provision, and the reassurance that God loves me just as I am.  God never fails to give me just what I need -- grace, hope, encouragement, and joy in spite of the pain and heartache.

I have learned that happiness is fleeting and quite often dictated by my circumstances, but my joy never is.  The joy of the Lord is my strength and whatever I face I face with joy because God is with me and He is my exceeding joy.


Copyright © 2013 by Dee Dee Wike. All rights reserved. www.deedeewike.com

***************************

Thank you for visiting my blog! You are encouraged to post a comment and share this blog with a friend. By sharing, you are helping to encourage others with the truth of God's Word!

No comments:

Post a Comment