Sunday, January 6, 2013

How's Your Year Going So Far?

These things I have spoken to you, that in Me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation; but be of good cheer, I have overcome the world. (John 16:33, NKJV)

Like most people I know, I have finally finished taking down the Christmas decorations and stored them in the attic until next Christmas.  I have made my New Year's resolutions -- a very short list compared with the one from last year -- in hopes that I will be a better person by year's end.

The challenges of last year have melted into memory, but the new year has already found me challenged in ways I'd rather not be.  Although the promise of a more prosperous year awaits us as my husband begins his new job this week, I remain challenged in the area of relationships, especially within my own family.  Guess some things never change!

My year has had a rocky start, but I am mindful that as long as I stand on the Rock of my salvation, Jesus, the One who is the same yesterday, today, and forever, I will come through this year a little stronger, hopefully, and closer to the Lord than if my challenges didn't exist.  Sure, I wish life could be easy for just one day.  But God never promised it would be -- only that He would be right beside me every arduous step of the way.

My prayer for all of us is that we won't be overcome by our challenges, but instead we will allow them to draw us closer to the One who has already overcome them.


Copyright © 2013 by Dee Dee Wike. All rights reserved. www.deedeewike.com

***************************

Thank you for visiting my blog! You are encouraged to post a comment and share this blog with a friend. By sharing, you are helping to encourage others with the truth of God's Word!

No comments:

Post a Comment