Saturday, November 3, 2012

"I'm Just Temping"

Although I had planned to spend the rest of my life writing books and reaching the masses for Christ, God decided I needed to take the "scenic route" to the land of humility.  Because of circumstances beyond my control it was necessary for me to lay aside my big plans and find a full-time job in order to help provide for my family.

For the past couple of months I have been working full-time in a temporary capacity for a local business.  The recruiting agency contracted my services through the middle of December.  Even though some have expressed a desire that I stay on beyond the end of my contract term, I continue to remind them and myself that "I'm just temping."

Only God really knows how long I'll work there, or anywhere for that matter.  Only He knows when my husband will receive an offer for a full-time job or if I will ever go back to writing books and reach the masses for Christ.  And even though I don't know what the source of His provision will be in the days ahead, I know that He will provide.  Even though being a temp carries a bit of uncertainty, I have the assurance that God has everything under control and that His plan for me is a good one.

The Bible tells us that we are all temping in one way or another because all our trials and tribulations on this earth are temporary.  "For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all" (2 Corinthians 4:17).  Depending on the assignments He has given us -- chronic illness, financial reversal, or ministry -- our time spent in each could be long or short, but it will be temporary.  I don't know about you, but I believe I can get through any difficulty as long as God is in it with me, and He certainly promises to be.  "When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and when you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you. When you walk through the fire, you will not be burned; the flames will not set you ablaze" (Isaiah 43:2).

What assignment has God given you?  Are you tired of the same old thing and ready for something new and better?  Sure.  We all are.  But even the better things are temporary. 

God is saving the best for last -- an eternity with Him.  He's the real deal, the sure thing, and the only One who can satisfy our deepest longings.  If you know Him, your eternity has already begun.  Even though things might be difficult now, it will only get better as each day brings you a little closer to the time when you will be in His presence forever. 

Hang onto Him when the days are hard, but dare to let go, throw your hands in the air in worship, and know that the roller coaster will come to a stop and that when you exit the ride, you will enter heaven, where there is everlasting joy.

If you think that you aren't good enough to spend eternity in heaven, understand that none of us are good enough.  But Jesus, in all His goodness, laid down His life on the cross to pay for our sins and make us holy and righteous in the Father's eyes.  All you have to do is acknowledge your sin and your need for salvation, and pray the following prayer asking Jesus to be your Savior.

Lord Jesus, I acknowledge my need for your forgiveness today.  I have sinned against you and I want to be saved from my sins.  Thank you for dying on the Cross to purchase my salvation and erase my sin debt.  Please live in my heart and be my Lord and Savior.  Teach me your truths and lead me in the way I should go, that I may follow you all the days of my life.




Copyright © 2012 by Dee Dee Wike. All rights reserved. www.deedeewike.com

***************************

Thank you for visiting my blog! You are encouraged to post a comment and share this blog with a friend. By sharing, you are helping to encourage others with the truth of God's Word!

No comments:

Post a Comment