Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Pass the Dramamine, Please!

May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit. --  Romans 15:13

Fall is the season for state fairs, corn dogs, and thrill rides.  Sadly, I didn't make it to either of the fairs held near us recently but somehow that doesn't seem to matter.  Just the pace of a busy life has brought on frequent bouts of motion sickness, figuratively speaking.  Someone pass the Dramamine, please.

I have never been one to get sick from carnival rides.  That all changed, though, after the birth of my first child.  Something about the change in hormones that resulted from pregnancy made it virtually impossible for me to ride a spinning ride without getting nauseated.  I can take the ups and downs okay; it's just the relentless spinning that does me in.

Fortunately I have learned that when life starts spinning out of control, all I have to do is willfully choose to step off the merry-go-round and sit at the feet of Jesus.  Some days that is easier said than done.  But I find that if I start my day off in His presence, I can survive even the wildest ride life can dish out. 

If your life is spinning out of control set aside some time to get off the merry-go-round and enjoy the peace you can only find in God's presence.  Better yet, don't wait until you have passed the point of no return.  Make it a point instead to spend time with Him daily and let Him guide your steps into the way of peace.



Copyright © 2012 by Dee Dee Wike. All rights reserved. www.deedeewike.com

***************************

Thank you for visiting my blog! You are encouraged to post a comment and share this blog with a friend. By sharing, you are helping to encourage others with the truth of God's Word!

No comments:

Post a Comment