Monday, October 15, 2012

Giving Up Gracefully

I am not very graceful when it comes to giving up, especially when giving up involves time.  It isn't easy to give up the time I would spend writing or keeping house or meeting the needs of my family in order to earn a paycheck.  But by the grace of God I have a job and am able to help make ends meet while my husband searches for a full time job with benefits.

By the grace of God I have a daughter who has transportation provided by the school system and the taxpayers who fund it.  Because of that I don't have to worry about how she will get back and forth to school while my husband and I work to put food on the table.

By the grace of God I have family and friends who have been more than generous instruments of God's provision during a time of financial reversal.

By the grace of God I still get to dabble in the literary world, if only to edit the books of others on a part-time basis and write an occasional magazine article.  There will come a season when I am able once more to focus on ministry and marketing.  In the meantime God is writing a chapter or two in my life and allowing me to see how the other (working) half lives.

By the grace of God my children are old enough now to fend for themselves and to understand why it is necessary for me to work full time when I have always been a full time mom to them.

By the grace of God I can lay my head on my pillow tonight, exhausted from a long and tiring day in the office but refreshed from spending time outdoors watching my daughter practice lacrosse and conversing with a fellow lacrosse mom on a beautiful autumn afternoon.

By the grace of God I still have time in the morning to start my day with Him and to become more intimately acquainted with Him through His Word and our sweet fellowship in prayer.

By the grace of God I give up my rights to that which I want to do in order that God can do what He wants to do in and through me.

By the grace of God, I am giving up gracefully and trusting that as I delight myself in Him, He will give me the desires of my heart and continue working all things together for my good.


***************************

Copyright © 2012 by Dee Dee Wike. All rights reserved. www.deedeewike.com

***************************

Thank you for visiting my blog! You are encouraged to post a comment and share this blog with a friend. By sharing, you are helping to encourage others with the truth of God's Word!

No comments:

Post a Comment