Friday, September 7, 2012

What's Your Story?

For the past few months I have been working on the autobiography of an individual whom I greatly admire.  Although I have in recent years given thought to writing my own story, it really isn't my story I want to share with others.  There really isn't anything particularly interesting or compelling about my life.  But there is a lot I could write about God, who has become my life.  It is his story, and his alone, that is worth telling.

We all have stories we could share with others.  What is yours?  If you were to categorize your life story as a particular genre, what would it be?  Mystery?  Romance?  Tragedy?  Comedy?  I think a truly balanced and well-lived life would have all the elements of a blockbuster -- adventure, danger, intrigue, romance, tragedy, and laughter.

When you read the Bible, God's story, you are reading the most popular and compelling book of all time.  When you live according to it, then your story takes on all the elements of a bestseller that can't help but impact others.

Though it has been said, "you can't judge a book by its cover," the story you tell by the way you live your life speaks volumes about you and the God who lives in you.  Even if you never write your own story for others to read, live your life in such a way that they will be drawn to the God inside you.


Copyright © 2012 by Dee Dee Wike. All rights reserved. www.deedeewike.com

***************************

Thank you for visiting my blog! You are encouraged to post a comment and share this blog with a friend. By sharing, you are helping to encourage others with the truth of God's Word!

No comments:

Post a Comment