Tuesday, September 11, 2012

One Word: Favor

The other night as I struggled to find peace with a particularly bothersome situation, I found it difficult to sleep.  Anxiety welled up within me, forcing me out of the comfy bed my weary body desperately longed for.  Exhausted but too restless to sleep, I wandered into my office, flipped on the lamp, and began to pray.

Obviously I was long overdue for a good cry because not long after the tears started flowing, the weather service issued a flash flood warning because of the deluge. (Not really, but they could have.)  As I cried out to God, I pleaded for a word from him...just one word to help me through a dark and desperate hour.

God's one word for me was FAVOR.  I found myself praying for favor:
  • on my new job
  • with my co-workers
  • with the book project I am working on
  • for my husband, in the form of a job
  • with our creditors
  • for our daughter to get a scholarship for the youth retreat this weekend
  • for a good night's sleep with no dreams (they often disrupt my sleep)
I looked up the word "favor" in my concordance and was led to the following verses.  As I wrote these verses in my journal, substituting my name and personal pronoun in parentheses, they suddenly became very powerful.

"Satisfy us (me) in the morning with your unfailing love, that we (I) may sing for joy and be glad all our (my) days.  Make us (me) glad for as many days as you have afflicted us (me), for as many years as we (I) have seen trouble.  May your deeds be shown to your servants, your splendor to their (my) children.  May the favor of the Lord our God rest upon us (me); establish the work of our (my) hands for us (me) -- yes, establish the work of our (my) hands." (Psalm 90:14-17).
"But Noah (Dee Dee) found favor in the eyes of the Lord.  (Genesis 6:8)

May it be so, Lord, for all those who call upon your Name, stand upon your promises, and walk in your ways.  Amen!





Copyright © 2012 by Dee Dee Wike. All rights reserved. www.deedeewike.com

***************************

Thank you for visiting my blog! You are encouraged to post a comment and share this blog with a friend. By sharing, you are helping to encourage others with the truth of God's Word!

No comments:

Post a Comment